TURN OFF THE RADIO

Yo, Lunchboxkid here
Just having a few thoughts on whats happening with the Hip Hop

I am one of the millions out there that love and grew up listening to Hip Hop/RnB(90's kid you know.

Man back in the day was all about the hood, the street life in America, living as a young black man misunderstood and surviving in that environment. Creativity, Dope Rhymes & Beats was the only thing that separated Hip Hop back then to the other genre's like Rock & POP. As a black kid who use to get bullied at school, I used hip hop music as an escape REAL TALK!.

Back then it was something to relate to.
I wish music was like that now, you know, didn't always have to be about the same shit like going out, getting money, driving crazy whips and getting with model chicks. Man I swear, these rappers who do they thing, rap about all these things, expecting us to relate to that, please! nobody lives life carefree, nobody has money flowing out they asses.

BIG PROPS TO THE RAPPERS WHO ARE KEEP IT REAL AND NOT SELL OUT!
and when I say sell out, I mean making hits with no meaning, with one or two verses saying the same shit, auto tuning & pitch correcting there voice and most of all rapping in house beats. I love house music, but if i wanted to listen to house, id listen to house, not mainstream rnb/hip-hop.

Its a damn shame to hear Sweat - Snoop Dogg, man that shit made me ashamed to say I'm black, no disrespect, i love snoop and what he has done but come on g, is there that much drama in the LBC to make you go do that? I'm all for making money, and I understand that music like that is going to get radio play and bring in revenue but come on, you gotta do something for the younger G's who are growing up now. I feel sorry for my younger cousins who have to listen to all of this, and never get to experience vintage hip hop and rnb that I grew up to.

But as a rebuttal to this, there are a few new artist and artist who are still in the game, who still keep it real to hip hop and its legacy. Yes it's a shame, but these guys do get looked over and also underrated. Its time to step up and revive HIP HOP!

As i leave, I leave you with a song that has so much meaning about

Its called "Radio (Turn Off That Bullshit)" by revolutionary rappers Dead Prez

LISTEN TO THE WORDS, MIGHT LEARN A THING OR TWO
LUNCHBOXKIDD SIGNIN OUT, PEACEE

p.s i ain't mad, just disappointed

-Posted by LunchBoxKidd

No comments:

Post a Comment